When you own a home, you want it to look beautiful. Curb appeal not only makes you feel good about one of the biggest investments of your life, it also increases your home’s value. And one of the easiest ways to improve your home’s aesthetic is to install high-quality siding.
Why Install Siding
Alright. We understand that physical appearance isn’t the only motivator for getting things done, so we’re listing a few more benefits of siding in your home:
- Protect your home’s structure: Certain types of siding are water resistant. This means that moisture and rainwater won’t seep into your walls. Some siding also offers protection from UV rays.
- Energy efficiency: Having siding in good condition means that your home will remain cool during the hottest months of the year, and warm during the coldest ones. It doesn’t substitute insulation, but it does provide an extra layer of protection.
- Increased resale value. Whether you own a starter home or raised your family in a dream abode, it’s always a good thing to know that if you were ever to plan on selling it, you could get the highest offers possible. New siding means that your home looks great and that potential buyers don’t have to worry about too many exterior repairs.
Life Expectancy of Siding
How long you can expect new siding to last depends on the materials used to make it.
- Stucco siding can last up to 20 years
- Aluminum siding can last between 20 and 30 years.
- Wood siding can last up to 30 years.
- Vinyl siding can last up to 40 years.
You also need to be aware that no matter the materials used for your home’s siding, you have to provide them with proper maintenance. What to do to make them last as long as possible also depends on the type of material used to build them.
Stucco siding requires regular inspection to verify whether there are any cracks on the surface. If so, you can refill them with caulk.
Aluminum siding requires protective coating about 15 years after installation. If any of the portions become dented, they’ll have to be replaced.
Wood siding require treatment every six years to make up for the damage caused by the elements.
Vinyl siding requires little to no maintenance. This is because this type of material doesn’t dent, scratch, or rot.
Improve your Home’s Appearance with help from Allied Siding & Windows
If you’re a Texas resident and your home’s siding needs professional attention, let Allied Siding & Windows help! You’ll know you’re working with one of the best professionals in the industry. Contact us for more information about our services or stop by one of our showrooms in Austin, Dallas, or Houston!